Monday, December 8, 2008

Lemon Bar Delights

Tomorrow is my last day volunteering with a group of little kids. I wanted to give something special to the other ladies I work with (the kids are already getting cookies).  So, I wanted to bring something that requires a little more of a refined taste. I love lemon bars and I hope they do too!



Crust 
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons corn starch
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup cold butter

Butter pan
Mix the flour, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add butter in pieces. The mixture should look course and have large pieces of butter left in it.
Put crust in pan. Pat down until it is firmly compacted. Press up the sides a bit. The crust should be about 1/4 inch thick
Freeze for 30 minutes
Put in oven for 20 minutes at 350 rotating once 

Topping
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs lightly beaten
3 tablespoons flour
1 lime, and 2 large lemons freshly squeezed
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix sugar, eggs, flour, juice, milk, and salt
Remove pan from oven and pour topping onto crust
Bake for 20 minutes
Cut into bars and sprinkle with a little powdered sugar
And serve!

No comments: